Learn How you can connect Blogger Blogspot blog and Google Search Console in simple steps.
How to Connect Blogger Blogspot Blog website to Google Search Console.
Google Webmaster tool is a very important tool for web developer and website designer who want to rank their articles on Google in a very smart way. Google can provide you a lot of traffic and can help you to grow your business. Now in this article you’ll learn, how you can connect Blogger Blog to Google Webmaster Tool or Google Search Console. For this
- 1st of all you’ve to visit your blogger blog and copy your website/blog URL.
- Now visit https://www.google.com/webmasters/#?modal_active=none
- Sign in with Google Account or Sign up for a new account.
- After Login Click on Add Property and Paste your website URL.
- Now if your website property verified then that’s very good. If not then it will provide you a google-site-verification meta tag.
- You’ve to paste this meta tag to your website or blog’s head section.
- Go to blogger.com.
- Click on Theme and take a backup of your theme.
- Now click on edit HTML and Find <head> tag
- Now Paste your google-site-verification meta tag between <head> and </head> section.
- Click on Verify my property. And your property or blog will be verified.
- Now your website will be listed in Google Search Console.
By this process, you’ll add your website to Google Search Console or Webmaster tool. Your website will now be processed by Google Webmaster. It will show that it will take a few days to process your data. Now process time directly depends on the traffic of your website or blog.
After doing all this you’ve to make some changes in settings.
- Now you’ve to submit a sitemap to process your website structure data.
- Blogger user – Click on sitemap and paste sitemap.xml for Blogger Posts and
- sitemap-pages.xml for blogger Pages.
Now sitemap is successfully submitted. It’s time submit Page sitemap to robots.txt file.
For this go to blogger.com > Setting > Search Preference and click on
Custom robots.txt. Now enable custom robots.txt to yes as shown in below image.
robots.txt file given below this image
User-agent: Mediapartners-Google Disallow: User-agent: * Disallow: /search Allow: / Sitemap: https://www.yourwebsite.com/sitemap.xml Sitemap: https://www.yourwebsite.com/sitemap-pages.xml
Change www.yourwebsite.com with your website address. and paste it as shown in step 5.
Now it will take a few days to process your data to show up in Google Webmaster Tool.
Don’t do this
Do not submit all variants of your blogger blog to Google Webmaster tool. Submit only preferred URL. for e.g. If
Choose Only One Format, that to be appear in address bar.
This will take a few days to process your data as per your website traffic.
I hope you like this article for a detailed view please watch the video. If you face any problem, please comment below.